Anova operates two 24-hour Emergency Shelters in London.
Reducing operating costs for the shelters through donations from the public helps ensure our essential services continue to be free of charge for abused women and children. Anova, formerly Women’s Community House and Sexual Assault Centre London.
Our Most Recent Needed Items List
View or Print the FESTIVE SEASON 2019 Needed Items List
Donation Drop-off Location:
Donations are accepted (Monday through Friday), at the Anova Wellington Shelter located at 101 Wellington Road. To help us protect and store items, please package your donations in plastic bags or containers.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept all donations received from the community.
We are not able to accept the following:
- Out-of-season clothing
- Bulk garage sale leftovers
- Large appliances, furniture or bikes
- Used stuffed animals/fabric toys
- Baby equipment or furniture due to health and safety reasons
Prepared Food Items
- Thank you for thinking of Anova and the families that are staying with us. As part of our Safe Food Practices, any prepared food donation to our shelters must be received by a safe food certified cook. Unfortunately, we are unable to receive prepared food donations on weekends. If you are considering making a donation of prepared food, please contact our cook Monday-Friday 10am-5pm at 519-642-3003 ext 4233 (Clarke Road shelter) or 519-642-3003 ext 2249 (Wellington Road shelter).
Anova greatly appreciates our supportive community!
Questions about donating to Anova
Please contact Pamela Coray, Development Manager at 519-642-3003 x 2252 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Our Monthly Needed Items List
Have our Needed Items List sent straight to your inbox via e-mail, or by mail. Join our distribution list today by sending an e-mail to Suzie at email@example.com.